69 Smith Street Inc is committed to encouraging professional exhibiting experiences for emerging and established artists. We accept proposals to exhibit through the year.
Exhibitions are for 3 weeks and you must be a member to exhibit. You may download a hardcopy of the application form or use the following online application form.
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Galleries and Prices
Entire Gallery $3350
Entire Ground Floor $2170
Gallery 1 $1000
Gallery 2 + hallway $800
Gallery 3 $370
Entire First Floor $1470
Gallery 4 $650
Gallery 5 $160
Gallery 6 $370
Gallery 7 $370
For more details call 0450794669
Offline Application Process
To apply offline, please download a hardcopy version of the application form and send with your supporting information to the Gallery. Your first point of contact is the Gallery Manger. Once your application is accepted the contact person is the Exhibition Curator who will assist you with all matters relating to your exhibition at 69 Smith Street Gallery.
Supporting information should be short and succinct. It should be typed and provide us with a clear idea of the following:
- Working title of the proposed exhibition
- Ideas/concept/theme behind the exhibition
- What you plan to do with the space
- What type of art work will be exhibited
- Artist(s) who will be in the show
- Brief background of artist(s) (if a group, what brings you all together?)
- Exhibition history
- Educational background
- other arts-related information about the artist(s) who will be in the exhibition.
- Please supply no less than 8 and no more than 10 images.
- Slides, photographs, jpegs, DVDs, and CDs are acceptable as support material. Please keep real time (CD, DVD, Audio) support material to a minimum. Websites are not considered to be support material.
- Please tell us if: your support material is what you intend to show; how it pertains to your proposal; if it is a past project.
- Please provide a full list of your support material, including titles, dimensions, formats, dates, media.
- – All proposals must be typed.
- – Make sure that your name, address, phone and email contact details are on every page of the proposal.
- – Exhibitions are for 3 – 4 weeks.
- – The Gallery does not charge Commission for work sold.
- – Please be aware that 69 Smith St is an artist run gallery coordinated by volunteers who maintain the gallery but are unable to mind it during your exhibition. Therefore it is your responsibility to mind the gallery during gallery hours (see times below). If you are proposing a group show, bear in mind you will need to draw up and coordinate a sitting roster.
- – Please note: 69 Smith St Inc does not have wheelchair access.
Acceptance of Proposal
The artist-based committee for 69 Smith Street consider the proposals. Please allow for one month to hear whether your application has been successful.
On acceptance of your proposal, a $200 deposit must be paid. This amount goes toward the total cost of your show.
Payment many be made by cheque or money order payable to 69 Smith St Inc.
Once your deposit has been received by the treasurer, a copy of the gallery agreement will be sent to you. Please
read, sign document and return the document to the exhibition coordinator.
Send your application to:
69 Smith St Gallery Coordinator
PO Box 1713
Collingwood Vic 3066
Payment may be made by cheque or money order payable to 69 Smith St Inc. or by direct deposit to
BSB: 063 123 Account Number: 1052 8129 Account name: 69 Smith St Gallery Inc